Thursday, July 29, 2010

Baobab Blast!

Evening four of Vacation Bible School is upon us here at Clear Lake Presbyterian Church.  The kids were a little lacadaisical last night, so evening four should be interesting.  Ms. Bennie says by the last day the kids run the other way when they see her.  Our church chooses to do VBS in the evenings to make it more of a family event rather than just another time filler where parents drop their kids off.  It has it's pluses and minuses -- I don't have to cook since we have dinner there, but an 8:30 end time is a little late for kids the age of our kiddos.  I'm so proud of my husband for volunteering in the kitchen to do dishes after dinner.  He knows I was disappointed that I couldn't volunteer because of Avery this year, and he stepped up to the plate to take my place.  As always, he rocks.

I love our church and the fellowship that we've shared over the last few days and months.  We've made so many great friends and there are so many there that loves us and our children.  Not to name names (Cindy and Jennifer), but some may love our kids more than others -- the baby stealing has gotten out of control.  We let it go though because we know she is in great, loving hands.  And, to be totally honest, Momma and Daddy could use a break every now and then. 

Three kids is A LOT of work, but I wouldn't trade a one of them -- that includes the days they draw on the walls, whine incessantly, spit up all over me, or throw a temper tantrum in the middle of Toys R Us.  It's all part of the job.  Every smile, kiss, and hug makes up for it in spades.

No comments:

Post a Comment