Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Deja Vu

Apparently, we've been down this road before...

As I was playing around with our new blog, I found that I have tried the blog thing before.  In July 2008, I attempted to start a blog but life got crazy and I completely forgot about it.  There was only one posting, so I've copied it here because I know you are all dying to read it:

Welcome to the Edmondson family's first blog!

I decided to start this blog page because so much has been happening in our lives lately that I know it will be tough to keep everyone up-to-date. Hopefully I can update this enough to keep you all informed of the craziness that is the Edmondson family right now...

Here is a timeline to catch you up just in case it has been a really long time since we've talked...

October 5, 2002 - Court and I got married...we started our lives together in Birmingham, Alabama. I worked for Regions Bank and Court worked for ExpoDisplays (tradeshow exhibit designer and manufacturer).

June 20, 2006 - A wonderful baby boy, Lee Aaron Edmondson, entered our lives weighing 8 pounds, 13 ounces (yup, that's a big baby) and 21 inches long.

Still living in Birmingham working for the same companies although our job titles have changed quite a few times. I also managed to finish my Master of Accountancy degree through the distance learning program at Auburn just before the little guy made his arrival.

Here is where it all gets interesting...

December 7, 2007 - Regions has gone through two mergers in the five plus years I've been there. Sadly, it's no longer the same bank that I used to love working for. Also, being a mother has now shifted my priorities a bit. After much discussion, Court and I decide it is in the best interest of our family that I quit my job and stay home with Lee for a little while and possibly do some part-time work.

December 15, 2007 - After just two weeks of staying home with Lee, we find out we have another kiddo on the way and due in August. So much for that part-time job...I'm going to have another full-time position on my hands!

March 2008 - Court started talking to my best friend Hailey about job openings at her company in Houston. Hailey works as a Systems Manager (or something like that) at Johnson Space Center. While Court still likes working at Expo, an opportunity to be an engineer at NASA is just too appealing to overlook.

May 2008 - Things begin to look promising for the job in Houston so we threw our house on the market just to get the ball rolling just in case.
June 2008 - Much to our surprise, we got a contract on our house! Not so surprising, Court got asked to fly out to Houston for an interview! However, while we were in Houston we found out our contract fell through but someone else wanted to see the house. Again, to our utter amazement, we had another contract before we got home. Talk about things falling into place. A little while later Court got offered the job! Woohoo! With Lee's second birthday, June was a big month for us. We closed on our house June 30th and moved in with my parents while everything we owned was put on a moving truck and wondering somewhere around the country at this very moment.

July 4 to July 9, 2008 - We were incredibly fortunate to get to go on a vacation with Court's parents, brother and grandfather in Lake Lanier, Georgia after his last day at Expo. We had a wonderful time and got some really good tans hanging out by the pool and at the water park. It was just the getaway we needed to help us forget that we were homeless and jobless at the moment.

That brings us to today, July 11, 2008 - After one day back in B'ham to load up the cars, we headed out to Houston around 6 am this morning. It was a long day of traveling, but uneventful(thanks to whoever developed the portable DVD player and Dora the Explorer). We are staying at Hailey's house for a few days while she is in Hawaii (must be nice) and doing some serious house hunting this weekend, as all attempts up to this point have flopped terribly. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. so glad you've joined the blog world! and so glad you posted on mine or i may never have found you. i know our parents enjoy keeping up with the girls through mine since they don't get to see them as much as they would like; i am sure you know the feeling!

    anyway...i hope all is well in texas! what kind of surgery did courtney have? audrey had to have a little "frenulum-ectomy" as her tongue was pretty attached to the bottom of her mouth and she would have most likely had speech troubles so we bit the bullet and had it done when she was only 9/10 weeks old!

    can't wait to keep up with you all here...so be sure and keep up the posts!

    ReplyDelete