Saturday, July 31, 2010

Netflix Rules!

In a "Dave Ramsey" inspired move, we decided to cut our cable (which had gotten ridiculously expensive).  We replaced it with a DTV antenna and a subscription to Netflix.  The antenna works well for the local channels.  The good news is we pick up around 30 channels.  The bad news is 20 of the channels are in Spanish.  Surprisingly, it isn't all that difficult to follow the news in Spanish.  I guess those two years of Spanish in high school paid off (thanks, Senora Marsland).  I've always wished I learned more, so maybe this is my chance!

The real saving grace has been our Netflix subscription.  We are instantly streamming it on our Wii, which means instant access to lots of cool stuff -- Lee has an endless supply of dinosaur and shark documentaries, Courtney gets to see her crush Diego, Court gets to watch entire TV show seasons in a week, and I get my movie and strange documentary fix.  And all without commercial interruption.  Score!

Netflix does have one major down fall -- no college football.  Sure, we'll get some on the local channels.  But Auburn?  Not likely.  I'll be ok, but I fear for the sanity of my husband.  Would anyone care to adopt Court every Saturday from now until January?  Your generosity would not only be greatly appreciated, it could just save our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment